Friday, November 23, 2012

Ways to save for the Holidays

Who doesn't need to save during the holidays?  6 years back, my close friends and I decided it would be fun to buy gifts for our kids.  Although it seemed like a good idea, fast-forward time and add a few siblings, and our gift-exchange among 4 is now among 10 children!  We like to keep the tradition of big smiles and a fun get-together, but have agreed to keep our spending at a minimum.  Although great for the bank, it's a challenge finding a great gift in the $10 range.

Seems like Toys R Us has made spending a little easier this year!  They've launched a FAB $10 for $20 Groupon  BUT only in the STATES on location (great for those cross-border shoppers).

So how can Canadians still spend on a budget yet buy and get great holiday gifts for the kids this year?  My solution was to create a WishGift.  I'm always asked by family and friends what they can get my children for the holidays.  Creating a WishGift allows them to contribute the same amount they would spend on one gift in a store, but allows everyone to come together to get an amazing gift.

This year I'm considering a LeapPad 2 or breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table for an upcoming Disney trip.  Both gifts are around $120 and having a WishGift makes it easy for those looking to buy my children gifts and allows my children to get something they'll play with and remember for a long time!  Both gifts are so great but I can't decide...



 

OR

 

















Like the idea of giving-together towards a group-gift?  Follow my blog and join me on my Social Networking sites to share gifts ideas and inspire.










0 comments:

Post a Comment