Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Holiday WishGift

 

I don't have decades of parenting experience but I've been a mom long enough to know what happens at holiday time (or birthdays).  My children get showered with toys or books from family members and close friends!   One year it was Mega Blocks (or cars) for my son and Barbies (or princesses) for my daughter.  Although all given with the best intention, the toy and book collection is out of control.  I'm lucky enough that my relatives and close friends understand that WishGift was founded to make things easier for all involved in the gifting process. For them, it eliminates knowing, searching and buying a gift. For us, it eliminates toy overload and wasted money from kids losing interest and never picking up the gift.  

This year, I decided to make holiday shopping simple and WishGift'ed a LeapPad 2 for my daughter and son.  I initially hadn't planned on registering a gift for the holidays since we've been WishGift'ing for their past birthdays.  The plan was to let the gift-giving run wild!

But when my mom let me know that she purchased a Barbie for my daughter, I thought "uh-oh"!  It's not that my daughter and I dislike Barbie, it's that she has 15 dolls and I'm already cycling them to keep the excitement going of playing with a "new" doll.  

Then came the gift idea questions from my relatives and I really didn't know what to answer.  Since I'm extremely sensitive to family and friends spending money and my children NOT playing with the item,  registering the LeapPad2 really helps solve my problem.  For my relatives, they don't have to decide and shop for a gift and I feel great knowing that they're putting money towards something the kids won't get enough of!
Can't wait for this gift under the tree to be unwrapped!



** Shipped to my house, wrapped and ready thanks to www.mastermindtoys.com (obviously quicker than I am given my bare tree)!  Can't wait for them to explore the LeapPad 2 :)

What's the best gift your kids ever received?

  




Like the idea of giving-together towards a group-gift?  Follow my blog or join me on my Social Networking sites to share gifts ideas and inspire. 









0 comments:

Post a Comment