Saturday, October 27, 2012

Perfect gift for my tot!



Tomorrow is my son's 2nd birthday party!  Like most moms, birthdays have me planning, decorating and reflecting on how quickly time passes.  Afterall, it certainly doesn't feel like it's been a whole year since we celebrated Scott's 1st birthday!

Last year's party was such a hit at Quinn Farm that we decided to host his party there once again.  The kids loved the tractor ride, playing and picking pumpkins in the patch, decorating their pumpkins, visiting the animals... and I loved not having to clean up!



 

Of course, as is with any birthday, there are always gifts involved.  This year, more than ever, I feel great knowing that I made my guests' lives a little simpler and registered a gift.  I don't know what it was this past week, but it seemed like everyone was super busy with work, school and just day-to-day life.  I'm pretty sure that many of my guests would not have had the time to shop for Scott's gift and I feel relieved knowing that I made their lives a little less hectic.

Scott made choosing his WishGift a little easier this year.  My husband Danny and I were in a little dispute as to what Scott would love.  After witnessing the same passion with tools as his dad, we both agreed that he'd love a Melissa and Doug Workbench however I thought it'd be great to compliment the workbench with a Handy Manny Talkin' Tools Set while Danny thought Scott would love a Melissa and Doug Solid Wood Stacking Blocks set.  That same night, Scott proudly showed off a tower he constructed from his sister's dollhouse furniture and stacking blocks were registered!



We ordered the two items from a wonderful, family-run toy store called the Cape Breton Baby Company.  I chose their site over other large retailers due to their customer service and competitive pricing with shipping.  We got the parcel within a week of placing the order and just in time for tomorrow's party.  Can't wait for everyone to see the awesome gifts they contributed towards and Scotty's reaction when he sees things he can build and smash down!!







0 comments:

Post a Comment